Monday, October 22, 2018

more planning and buying the first half of the kitchen

I worked on finalizing my kitchen plans, and made a run to ikea to sort out my list of questions. ikea is about 40-45 minutes away from me during normal traffic. and I'm only willing to drive there when I can get both there and back avoiding rush hour. because rush hour will turn it to a 2 hour drive or more.

so after I got the plans finalized, I had to empty out all my cabinets on one side of my kitchen. to avoid ikea's high delivery charge ($99) we're picking it up with dads truck and hauling it home ourselves. so my kitchen plans are divided into 3 loads. fridge/stove side which has the least amount of cabinets. then the sink side will be divided into two loads (uppers and lowers) because its more cabinets, and wouldnt fit in dads truck in one load.

then it took three days for me to sort and pack away enough stuff from both sides of the kitchen to relocate the necessary things from the stove/fridge side over to the sink side. I packed away 9 boxes of kitchen stuff. it was a lot of work. I ended up also clearing out my dining room hutch of the lesser used stuff so i could put more stuff over there.

I moved all those boxes downstairs. I had thought to store them to the back bedroom, but theres too many of them. I need that space for staging of new cabinets.

ikea is having their 10% off kitchen cabinet sale right now. so dad took us to ikea and we bought the first load of cabinets and hauled them home. it filled his truck bed. 2 parts (1 drawer front and 1 door) werent in stock and were arranged to be shipped out to me for $9 so I wouldnt have to drive back in and pick them up.

cabinet boxes and drawer boxes
1

drawer fronts and shelves
3

the large refrigerator panel and cabinet doors and end panels
2

No comments:

Post a Comment