Wednesday, November 14, 2018

delivery frustrations

so an hour before they're supposed to show up to deliver the second half of my ikea kitchen cabinets, the delivery company callsl and says they're still missing 11 pieces and ikea wont let them deliver without the order being complete. they expect those pieces to be on a truck arriving there tonight.

so even though everything was scheduled for today, too bad so sad. they said they could reschedule for tomorrow, at either 11-3pm or 12-4pm. I picked 12-4 since I swim tomorrow morning. i'm mighty irritated at having gone to lengths to plan this delivery date, yet they just toss it all aside at the last possible moment.

then about 15 minutes later I get their pre-recorded delivery confirmation saying 11-3. so I press the button to reschedule. and get dumped in a queue to wait on hold. when someone answers, I tell him whats going on, and he says ok and transfers me. he doesn't tell me where I'm being transferred to or why, he just dumps me back into the queue to wait some more.

someone finally answers, and gets cut off midway thru saying hello, and I'm dumped back into the queue for a third time!

someone finally answers. I tell them whats going on AGAIN, and they transfer me AGAIN without telling me where or why they're transferring me. that's four transfers and waits on hold if your counting.

then some guy with a heavy accent answers and tries to tell me there is absolutely no way they'd have ever offered me the time slots. those don't get scheduled ahead of time. I argue with him that they did call me with the time and i'm trying to change it. but he refuses to believe me and tells me I'll have to wait til they call me with the time and I can change it then. at which point I point out to him the delivery is for TOMORROW. and when the original order was scheduled, they called me the day before with the time slot. today is the day before!!! so when exactly am I supposed to be calling to change the time slot if not today?!!?

*silence*. then he puts me on hold, without saying a word or telling me why. which of course pisses me off all over again because that's FIVE times now of being dumped on hold or transferred. he comes back and when I complain about getting so rudely dumped on hold again, he gets rude and says well he cant talk with the guy from routing without putting me on hold. yeah, but he could have told me he's going to talk to the routing department before just dumping me on hold without a word. *sigh*.

anyway, he was able to change the scheduled delivery time (despite him repeatedly telling me that it wasn't possible and that I was wrong). turns out I was right after all, not that he'd admit he was wrong. he hung up on me after telling me it was changed to the right time.

i'm so frustrated with them.

and part of me is screaming that they're going to do the same thing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment