Tuesday, November 27, 2018

ikea on the phone, fridge panel in

ikea never called me back about the letter they sent about the 6 drawer fronts they refunded me for. their website said they would. so I called ikea today about getting the store credit transferred to my credit card. I got transferred around until they told me the store didn't open until 10am so they didn't have any cashiers to answer the phone yet. they took my name and said they'd call back (it was about 7 minutes before they opened).

someone DID actually call me back!!! (this is call # 2 for today...) they took the card info, then their register blanked out and they couldn't get it back up and had to call me back. turned out when the register restarted, it voided the return card! so he had to go and talk to someone about what to do.

he called back (call # 3) and went to set me up with another card of the same amount, and it did the same thing again. so he had to go talk to someone and call me back again.

(call # 4) he's got the replacement return card set up with my money on it, and we started to process the transaction and get it put towards my credit card. he gets to where hes asking for my credit card number and something else went wrong so he has to call me back.

(call # 5) its finally all sorted, he gets my credit card, gets it successfully put thru, tells me his register # and transaction # and says with today's date they can look up the receipt if needed. and that he'll mail the receipt out to me.

after all that, I emailed the gal from the resolutions department about those 18 other missing parts that the delivery company failed to deliver, and i still havent heard anything about:

To: Martha Quist
RE: missing pieces from ikea order xxxxx

sending you another reminder that:

I am still waiting to hear about when these missing items will be shipped to me. My order was missing 24 parts, ikea order xxxxx. This order was placed back on October 30. it is now November 27. and I STILL don't have these 18 parts.

article no. 102.655.18 section se leg 4 1/2 " 4pk -- missing 4 of them
article no. 602.046.45 utrusta hinge 125 2pk -- missing 8 of these
article no. 402.418.23 utrusta dr dmpr hinge -- missing 4 of these
article no. 002.984.06 sektion sup brckt/ktchn island - missing 2 of these

these 6 items had to be reordered and paid for separately since you took it upon yourselves to cancel this part of the order without asking me. order # xxxxx. this order of 6 parts has arrived and I have these parts now.
article no. 502.668.08 veddinge drwfr 30x10 -- missing 6 of these


dad came up today. bringing up the table saw didnt work out, so he brought his skilsaw (circular saw) and we cut the fridge panel to fit and installed it. yay! he has a guide that clips on to the edge of the hand-held saw and allows him to cut a straight edge up to 6 inches away. (its impossibly hard to cut a straight edge with a handheld saw without a guide of some kind). but we needed nearly 12 inches off so it took two cuts.

looks can be deceiving in this photo. this panel is 8' tall/long. we had to cut an inch off the top to make it fit and be even with the tops of the upper cabinets that are hanging from the suspension rail. the whole thing is sitting on the cardboard it came wrapped in, with one six inch piece on top, and one to the side.
151

so that's in, and the over the fridge cabinet is in, and the second upper cabinet on the other side of the fridge panel is in. yay! theres still a small horizontal panel to go in just under the over-the-fridge cabinet to cover the gap between the fridge and the cabinet. but it came with no hardware so we have to figure out how to mount it. and maybe I dont want it. I always put the butter to soften for cookies up on top of the fridge because Puppy stole it when I put it on the counter. he stole the whole stick and ate it, wax wrapper and all. its not something i care to ever repeat. but I wont stop making cookies, so I need a safe place higher up than the counters to soften butter.
155

159

to keep the front of the over-the-fridge cabinet level with the fridge panel we had to shim the bottom of that cabinet out.
158

but I didnt have any shims! digging around in the garage for scrap wood i found a piece slim enough to work. the white plastic piece at the bottom of the cabinet that the shim goes behind is part of the cabinet, meant to shim it out even with the upper cabinet that sticks out from the wall because it hangs on the rail. we needed more shim because the fridge panel went from floor to ceiling. the screw in the pic is because dad said attach it to the wall and screws are where my brain went because we attached the suspension rail to the wall with screws... now after a little thought I've decided to remove that and buy wood shims and glue them in place instead. because while screwing this exact size little piece of scrap wood might work for the fridge cabinet, it wont work for any of the other cabinet undersides. proper shims are needed.
156

panel goes to the floor, fridge goes here.
154

the next cabinet to be installed will be the one over the stove with the vent hood exhaust vent pipe thru it so there will have to be lots of cutting of that cabinet before it can be installed.

the next project for me is leveling out the plaster/sheetrock hump in the wall. dad suggested my handheld electric sander. thats gonna make a big mess of dust. and the whole wall doesn't have to be leveled, just that spot where the suspension rail will hang. the hump is behind the cabinet between the bottom spacers and wont matter anywhere except for that rail.

after that, i get to try to use my oscillating tool to cut off the end of the suspension rail already installed. it sticks out too far for the next length of rail to attach to the stud.

i got the three doors installed on the two cabinets that are up. hinges in, door dampers on (prevent the door from slamming). did a little adjusting on the door hinges to get them to sit right. put one set of the shelves into the taller cabinet. now i'm done. cant think. pooped.


picture I did with mspaint of trouble spots and stud locations
kitchen wall

No comments:

Post a Comment