Saturday, November 17, 2018

well they showed up, but they completely screwed up the order

the drivers REFUSED to let me verify all the pieces were delivered. they said they were in a hurry and had other orders to deliver even though I was told by ikea to verify all the pieces before they left. their paperwork said only 111 pieces. it was supposed to be 117 pieces!

and in the end, it was only 93 pieces of my 117 piece order.

plus two pieces with someone else's name and order number on them that were obviously not part of my order.

plus they dumped this HUGE plastic pallet that everything was packed into on me as well. it says 'return to ikea'. I'm pretty sure its longer than dads truck bed. its gotta be over 8 feet long.


I'm SO angry. I spent 20 minutes on hold and nobody answered so I hung up and sent this email.

from: laura s
To: dl.resolutions.212.us@ikea.com
re: missing pieces from ikea order 315xxxxxx-xxx-x
sent: 11-17-2018 at 2:27pm

Message body:

here is a list of all the missing pieces from my order.

article no. 502.668.08 veddinge drwfr 30x10 -- missing 6 of these
article no. 602.046.45 utrusta hinge 125 2pk -- missing 8 of these
article no. 402.418.23 utrusta dr dmpr hinge -- missing 4 of these
article no. 002.984.06 sektion sup brckt/ktchn island - missing 2 of these

for a total of 20 missing parts!

you also included two parts for someone else's order mixed in with my order.
Kristina Gxxxxxxx
order 315xxxxxx-xxx-x
article no. 102.653.92 and article no. 002.845.79.

MY name is Laura Sxxxxxxx
MY order is 315xxxxxx


--- then I found 4 more items they forgot ---

so i sent a second email at 2:47 pm:

I discovered another 4 items missing

article no 102.655.18 section se leg 4 1/2 " 4pk missing 4 of them

so only 93 items out of 117 were delivered, plus 2 extra items from someone elses order.

please let me know when you will be delivering all these missing items.

-Laura Sxxxxxxx




later in the day I looked up how many minutes I have left on my cell phone, and decided to try calling ikea back. this time they answered after 30 minutes. I reported all the missing items. and the two extra items.

they don't care about the two extra items i was sent belonging to someone else. they told me I could do whatever I wanted with them, including throw them away.

they're going to ship me the 12 missing hinge parts, the 4 missing leg 4-packs, and the two missing support brackets. for free. no problem. case/ref # 44826xxx.


I found out that the gift card thing they sent me is because they cancelled those 6 drawer fronts that were on backorder! just cancelled them. simply because they're not in stock. they tell me they won't ship them out for free. they wanted me to go to the store and reorder them. *rolls eyes*. I told her it's not convenient for me to get to the store. she said she could transfer me to their kitchen department and they could order it for me. I asked would I have to pay for shipping all over again even though I've paid for it already? yes. yes I would. so I said that wasn't very fair.

so she worked it out where even though the sale is over now, I still got the sale price/discount that we originally paid, and they waived shipping for me since we'd already paid for that as well. so she placed a separate order for those 6 drawer fronts. then I was supposed to be able to use the gift card to pay, except it turned out not to be a gift card but a store return card, which can't be used online, only in the store. so she says if I use my credit card to pay for this new order (of the same amount refunded on this return/gift card thing) then she will have someone call tomorrow and they can put the money from the return card onto my credit card instead. new order # 316225xxx.

that took another hour of my time waiting on hold, then on hold some more while she sorted the various stuff out for me. she was very polite and helpful and when she put me on hold she told me why each time. I should have gotten her name so I could say nice things about her to someone, but I don't want to contact ikea or their shipping company EVER ever again right now.

the gigantic plastic pallet
117

tipped over on its side
118

boxes stacked up so i could check off their item number on the order list
119

lots of boxes
120

so many boxes
121

some boxes not even for me!
122

tall panels
123

lots of panels (not doors, but end panels and stuff)
125

No comments:

Post a Comment