Tuesday, November 20, 2018

repairing where the soffits used to be

yesterday (Monday) dad came up with some sheetrock and dad cut it to fit the areas up where the soffit used to be so it would all be flush. he cut away all the overblown expanded foam insulation that was in the way, and scraped at the edges of the sheetrock that was removed when the soffit was taken down. then he taped and mudded.

adding sheetrock to fill the gap in the ceiling
127

filling in sheetrock in the ceiling and the wall
128

taping
129

more mesh tape, its kind of hard to see
130

mudding
131

more mudding
132

my kitchen without cabinets, soffit removed and repaired
133

fridge and stove in the middle of the kitchen
126


ikea has not called me back about getting the store credit on the card transferred to my credit card. I tried calling the store today and was transferred by someone to their customer service, except that person didn't answer their phone and I was instructed to leave a voicemail, or call the store back at x 1780. I opted to leave a message. so I left my name and phone number and referenced the SAC number in the letter saying I wanted to get the store credit transferred to my credit card, and made it clear it was not the same card as used on the original order. we'll see if anyone calls me back.

the reorder of the missing drawer fronts has shipped. order # 316225xxx, fedex tracking # 961280458245824470xxxx. still waiting to hear about all the other missing parts being shipped.


today (tuesday) dad came up again to put on a second coat of mud/plaster.
134

135

after it dries i'm supposed to put on a coat of primer paint. then we can get to work hanging the suspension rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment