Sunday, April 25, 2010

Welcoming the other two pear trees

Today my dad took me to two different nurseries to buy the Patten and Summercrisp pear trees. I spent the morning calling around to the places on my list that said they'd have the trees in stock this weekend. Its a good thing I did, because things didn't seem to have gone according to plan with a lot of these places. Some told me it'd be another week or two, or three. Some changed their minds about what they were going to carry. We ended up getting the Patten pear tree at Anoka Ramsey Farm and Garden for $34.99. The Summercrisp pear tree we got at Mickman Brothers Garden Center in Ham Lake for $49.99. Both were in potted containers that were smaller than the '5 gallon' containers the other two trees came in.

I started out with two holes, at least a foot deep
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is the rather bare Patten tree
Photobucket

Here is the Summercrisp tree sporting some leaves
Photobucket

what remains of the dirt pile, which will soon be carted off by someone else to help regrade a corner of her houses foundation.
Photobucket

and just for some color, heres my tulips
Photobucket

for my own reference, in case i forget what i planted where in the future.
Photobucket

and a special thanks to my dad for buying these trees for me as well, and helping me haul them home as they would not have fit in my little car.

1 comment:

  1. That Anoka Ramsey Farm and Garden is a great place. You can buy fresh eggs there as well!

    ReplyDelete