Saturday, September 19, 2015

death to stupid stinging wasps

these are pictures of the aftermath of me killing the wasps nest. i wanted to see inside their hive.

i let them live initially because they're pollinators, and bees have been so devastated by pesticides that i've been having pollination failures in my garden.

but recently they stung puppy! and then they stung me! and so they had to go.

i used a chemical spray, which i was loathe to do since this wasp hive was in my new raised bed garden. and i do my best to be organic. after i sprayed it in the new, partially filled bed, i used a shovel to dig out the hive, and separate it and see inside. then it went into the trash, i didnt leave it in the garden. the raised bed garden has leaf mulch that i dumped in there last year, and rocks relocated from the excess of the stupid landscaping rocks my house is surrounded with. i dug down to the rocks to remove it, so there are a few rocks in the pictures.

i feel bad about killing the wasps. i need all the pollinators i can attract to my garden. but not at the expense of stinging my dogs or me. i made a hard decision i had tried to avoid making. but it turns out wasps are not tolerable in gardens located so close to the house and dogs and me.

the pictures are from inside the bucket i shoveled the nest into after.
.10-24-15 090

.10-24-15 091

.10-24-15 092

.10-24-15 093

.10-24-15 094

.10-24-15 095

No comments:

Post a Comment