Sunday, March 13, 2016

adding shelves

theres a little alcove alongside the basement stairs. i saw in my neighbors house they installed shelving there, so i did too. i went with just three shelves at first. but this year i decided i needed more shelves. so i added two more.

this is the space
.4-19-16 079

first i had to cut notches out of the shelves so they'd fit tight against the wall
.4-19-16 075

because i used this kind of shelving system
.4-19-16 078

the view from the basement looking up
.4-19-16 081

new shelves added
.4-19-16 082

all my canning stuff is in one area, and i have a whole pantry shelf now for my canned goods. i like that. but as you can see, the top two shelves are a bit unreachable for me at their far ends as the basement stairs go lower and lower. the trials of being short...

bonus picture - i got a new stake for my garden! a doggy to match my doggies, with a pretty purple bowtie. i use the stakes to mark out where i bury the soaker hoses, thats why i have so many of them.
.4-19-16 050

No comments:

Post a Comment